Monday, June 16, 2008

Thanks Dad!

I have been hosting my radio show, Jen's Dish for almost 2 years now and I often share personal food-related stories with my listeners. When sharing a food memory that involves my Mom or Dad, they always seem to be (pleasantly) surprised by the impact the memory has had on my life. Most of the time, they don't even remember the event (ie; foraging for fiddleheads: my Mom doesn't even remember my being there!). They may not realize it, but my parents had a huge influence on my "Culinary point of view", for the better I might add!
So in honor of Father's Day and my up-coming birthday, I thought I would publicly thank Dad for some of these cherished memories I have and food experiences he has shared with me over the years.

  • How to cook the perfect STEAK: Hotel Del Coronado style
  • Saturdays in Brattleboro: Dump runs, Grossman's and a Quarter Pounder with cheese please!
  • Salami and provolone w/Dijon on an onion roll, perched on a rock while watching Kayak Races
  • Saturday lunches: Hot Pastrami Sandwiches
  • Burritos for 8 HUNGRY Firefighters
  • Doug's TACOS
  • Sunday Omeletes without the EGG!
  • Cross-country FOOD Huntley style
  • SOUL FOOD
  • Black-eyed Peas and Rice!
  • Please pass the Tabasco
  • Cheese Quesadillas
  • James Beard is the Man
  • Black Beans, Rice and Chard
  • Macaroni Salad
  • Aunt Amanda's Fried Chicken

Thanks Dad, Keep Cooking,
I love you!
Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hello and that I found you via Stephanie of Stephanie Does. I've been blogging in RI since August 2006.....check it out.....
http://sweetmary.typepad.com